My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN

Monday, May 08, 2006

No Casserole For You!

So, there has been a few things that have happened since my last blog. I had a dream about a week and a half ago. I dreamed that I went to Cracker Barrel with all my friends. We sat at a large table. The waitress came over and took our orders. I had order the Old Timer's Breakfast. I particularly remember this because I wanted the hashbrown casserole. After a few minutes, the waitress brings the food. She lays down a plate in front of everyone but me. I asked where my food was. The waitress responds by saying she was sorry, but she had forgotten. She said she would go and get it now. So the waitress leaves and I sit and wait as everyone is enjoy their food. After a few minutes, I get up from the table and I find the waitress. I ask her again where my food was. She again said she was sorry. She had forgotten, but will bring my food to me immediately. So I head back to my table and sit down. A few seconds later the waitress had arrived with my food. She sets the food in front of me and before I could take a bite, I wake up. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really wanted that hashbrown casserole. The next day at work, I was craving Cracker Barrel and the hashbrown casserole. What a horrible nightmare!

Instead of having that wonderful breakfast that I so craved, I went to the gas station that is right beside my work. They sell biscuits there and I was extremely hungry as you know. I ordered a chicken biscuit. The woman behind the counter said they were sold out of the chicken biscuits but had a really good pork chop biscuit. I said ok as long as it was really good. Then a woman behind me starts talking. I turn around and realize she is talking to me and the woman behind the counter. She tells us that she bought a biscuit the other day and that she could not eat it right away. She had to wait several hours and then proceeded to heat it up in the microwave. When she pulled it out from the microwave, she had to "fight off her coworkers" because it smelled so good. This woman said this was the best tasting biscuit she had had in a long time. It was still fresh tasting. She told the woman behind the counter that "Ya'll must do something to these biscuits to make them so good. You must put your feet into them." I quickly paid for my biscuit and left. Feet? What in the world does she mean by putting your feet into it? I'm sorry, but no matter how good a biscuit is, I do not want one that has had someone's feet in it. Is that what we should say when we have had a good meal at a restaurant? Wow, that was a great Lasagna! You must have put your feet into it. Thank you! To me, it might bring a question of health code violation rather than a compliment.

Benjamin came to visit me in Clarksville the last weekend in April. We attempted to look for the Bell Witch Cave and house. It was only about 20 miles from where I live. We ended up lost due to the fact that the owner took down all his signs. Why would he do that? A movie (An American Haunting) is about to come out and he can probably make alot of money. Not sure why, but when asking for directions, a man with a lazy eye or glass eye, not really sure, would tell you it is because he is a ***** (explicative). This man repeatedly told Benjamin this. So we promptly left there. The next day we went to eat at Cracker Barrel. I am assuming you know why. So I order the Old Timer's Breakfast, while Benjamin orders some horrible looking fishy dinner. I have no problems receiving my food. It was so delicious. As we were eating, there was a barking noise behind Benjamin. Benjamin asked if I heard that. It sounded like a dog barking. I told Benjamin yes and to be quiet. There was a large woman and man sitting right behind Benjamin. The man had a big stack of pancakes. He would cut himself a small portion, bark a couple of times and then proceed to eat. The man repeatedly did this and Benjamin asked me several times if I heard that. I soon pointed out to Benjamin that it was the man behind him barking at his pancakes. Oh how weird! Later, the waitress came to our table when we were done and asked how our meal was. I respond, "It was great. You must put your feet into it. Thanks!"

"Ga. Woman Collects Outhouses for Backyard," is this blog's news story. If people wonder what we do for hobbies in the South, we'll here you go. This is just one of many. She currently has three outhouses in her backyard with room for more. Some might be about 100 years old, which would explain the unpleasant smell that is causing the evacuation of the entire neighborhood. For a real estate broker, she really needs to learn about what increases and decreases property value.

By the way, An American Haunting is a horrible movie. Waisting seven dollars on this movie will haunt you for a long time. Until next time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Boriqua said...

Ah, Mathis. You had Rich and I in hysterics. I'll have to use the feet comment in a restaurant. And remember to bark after eating my food.

Have a safe trip! Love you.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home