My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Five

I visited a new church this Sunday here in Clarksville. Madison Street United Methodist is a very large and beautiful church in downtown. One thing they did during the service was they had all the children pass out a card with a little pouch attached. On the front and back of the card is written about thanks for our land and those who inhabit it. The last paragraph says that during your Thanksgiving celebration, think of at least five things, five people, and five events of the past year for which to thank God. This made me think of not only this past year but the last few years and how things have changed so much. I could have never predicted that I would be where I am now. So as to start my Thanksgiving celebration, I want to list my five things, five people and five events for which I am thankful.

Five Things


  1. Job - without this I could not afford the other 4 on this list.
  2. Car - I love this car. It is a 2004 Honda Civic EX. It gets good gas mileage and is extremely reliable.
  3. Starbucks Peppermint Mocha/Carmel Macchiatto/Any Frappuccino - who wouldn't put this on their list, come on, it is wonderful.
  4. Thai Food (Yellow Curry/Drunken Noodle) - I crave these dishes; spicy, tasty, delicious.
  5. TiVo - without this invention I would miss out on so much good TV and I would have to watch commericals.

Five People

  1. Mom - I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for her. She showed me what patience and love is.
  2. Jonathan Wethington - he has always been there for me and I know he always will; he shows his love through his works.
  3. The Sanchez Sisters (Pattie, Vanessa, Sam) - I know I am grouping three people into one spot, but I can't leave any of them out. They have all been extremely supportive and have looked out for me.
  4. Benjamin Wethington- honest and truthful; is always trying to set a good example for others.
  5. Tamara Davis - she helps others because she has a pure love for everyone. I see this everytime I am with her.



Five Events

  1. New Job (May) - I was grateful getting a job as it had been three months after I had been laid off.
  2. Watching "Lost" with Benjamin (Wednesday nights) - I enjoyed spending time with my friend while being completely confused by this TV program.
  3. Birthday (July) - I got to come home from work and spend time with family and friends.
  4. Two Weddings (August) - I loved being able to witness Jonathan & Curry's renewal and Dan's wedding in Las Vegas.
  5. The Coming Holidays - I know it hasn't happened yet, but I know this will be one of the top five events. I can't wait to spend time with all my family and friends.


Another Thanks

Maya - she was my cat for 10 years before passing away in January. I am extremely thankful for those 10 years that I got to spend with her. I will never forget.



This is not my usual silly piece, but something serious that I felt weighed on my heart to do. I challenge others to do a blog that lists five things, five people and five events of this past year for which you are thankful.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

1 Comments:

Blogger Boriqua said...

All the Sanchez sisters love you, too. :) As does Rich.

You beat me to the punch--I'm going to post my list of things I'm thankful for on Thanksgiving day.

See you soon!

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home