My Photo
Name:
Location: Clarksville, TN

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

When Is The Thai Restaurant Really Open?

Greetings! Well, my first blog seemed to do pretty well, but did spark some interesting comments. For some reason, everyone thought I said Jonathan got locked in a Home Depot bathroom. This is untrue. I said Jonathan worked at Home Depot and was once trapped in a store bathroom. I did not specify what store, but as Jonathan pointed out, it was at P&S School Supplies. I am already stirring up trouble! Wow!

Enough defending my comments. I want to start out by saying congratulations to Rich on his art showing. I wish I could have been there, but it sounded like he had great support and a wonderful evening. The last exhibit I went to was the Buddhist exhibit at the KMA (Knoxville museum of Art, like you didn't know). It was pretty interesting. Lots of violence, sex and nudity. Pretty graphic stuff. I am sure Rich had the same kind of wonderful artwork. I heard he was working on a new piece called "Wife Wearing Only Underwear in Driveway." Sounds a little strange, but I bet the Buddhists would love it.

Well, I tried to go to the Thai restaurant again. Unfortunately, they were closed. What is with this Thai restaurant? I attempted to go a few weeks back with Muffy Cookwood and it was closed on a Sunday afternoon. I wish someone would explain the concept of "hours of operation" to these people. The door says Monday - Sunday 11 AM to 9 PM. Their business card says Monday - Saturday 11 AM to 9 PM. I know, the business card must have the correct hours of operation. No! That is not right either. I went on Tuesday at 6 PM and it was closed. Muffy gave me a hard time (ADVERTISEMENT: see her blog at www.cookwoodspalace.blogspot.com). I tried calling the restaurant but they don't answer their phone. Do they want to make money? I am not sure.

As most of you know, I own the worst movie ever made. No, it is not an Ed Wood film. It is a Stephen Tyler film. No, not the one in Aerosmith. The movie is called "The Last Slumber Party." Some experienced the horror at Jonathan's house recently, but only for about 20 minutes. I had once made a bet with a friend from my old job. I would give him $10.00 if he could watch the entire movie. He ended up giving the movie back to me having only watched 5 minutes of the film. Recently, I mentioned this at work and one of my co-workers said he would take that bet. I agreed and gave him the movie to watch. Poor guy! He doesn't know what he has gotten into. He is watching it tonight with his wife. I told him that was not a smart idea. She might beat him to death, but he is willing to risk it. The way I described the film was that it was like "The Ring." The difference is that instead of waiting to kill you in 7 days, this movie is so bad it could kill you immediately. Few have watched and lived to tell about it. Stay tuned to next week's blog were I will give the results of this bet.

My news story this week is "Three die playing catch with grenade." This is very tragic, but absolutely stupid. Folks, don't play catch, keep away, hot potato, dodgeball, kickball, tennis, hide the pin, guess what's in my pants or any kind of game with a grenade. It won't end very well and you probably won't get to finish your game.

Before I go, I just want to say to Jonathan that the floors at Inskip look fabulous. Nice job. Until next time everyone.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great entry!! Keep them coming.I would like to know why I've suffered through all of LSP(Last Slumber Party) twice and never once saw any money. Please go eat Thai with me next time your in town. No one in K-Town will go with me.

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home